Favorite Places in Bangkok
It’s been almost a year since I left Bangkok and returned to the United States. So I thought I would curate out some of my favorite places in case friends/family make their way out there. By no means is this a definitive list. After living in Thailand for six months, there’s still many places I never tried out. And of course there will always be pundits that disagree, which I welcome them to by writing their own blog post to share then.
Anyway, here are my favorite spots in Bangkok. I handpicked these out of 99 posts I tagged as being part of Bangkok. Enjoy!
- Top Menu - My personal favorite for Chinese food in general.
- Waraporn Salapao - The best tasting salapao I’ve had in Bangkok!
- Jea Ngor Kitchen - My dad’s side of the family’s favorite place.
- Chandrphen Restaurant - I think my mom’s side of the family’s favorite place.
- Yaowarat - Basically Bangkok’s Chinatown. Best to go when it’s not too hot out in the evening, in a group so you can order a lot. The atmosphere is interesting, and there should be some nice picture opportunities, but still not the tastiest Chinese food I’ve had though. But it’s definitely street-food.
- Nguan Lee - Great late night spot. The roasted chestnuts sold just outside is the best I’ve ever had.
- T-Spoon - I find everything here to be super delicious.
- Cafe Chilli - Very easy place to get to in Siam Paragon (ground floor).
- Som Tam Nua - Very popular place, maybe a little over-rated with poor service.
- Aa Paa - Best noodles I’ve had, ever.
- Soi Polo Fried Chicken
- ทิพสมัย ผัดไทย - Pad Thai here is really good.
- ข้าวต้มกระดูกหมู - Congee and fried prok
- Baan Glom Gig - Scrambled egg (kai-jiew) is the best here.
Favorite Bakery and Dessert
- American style - Greyhound Cafe
- Italian food - Big Mama’s Pizzeria and Mama’s Kitchen are both great.
- Korean food - Doo Rae
- Korean Fried Chicken - Bon Chon
- Mexican - La Monita Taqueria
- French - Aubergine Restaurant
- German - Ratsstube
- Hamburger - Duke’s Express
- French Fries - Madrid Bar and Restaurant
- Sushi - Heiroku Sushi
- Ramen - Chabuton
- Shabu shabu - Akiyoshi
- Brunch - On the Table Tokyo Cafe
- Buffet - The Dining Room at Grand Hyatt Erawan