I thought I would cover the basics of how to eat at a food court in a mall or plaza in Bangkok. I was at Amarin Plaza, which is very similar to many food courts throughout Bangkok. The food court system typically requires patrons to pre-pay for a card or tickets before they enter the food court. None of the shops inside the area will take cash.
1. Get in line to get a card.
2. Pay for a card. About 100 baht is usually enough for lunch. I put 100 on mine.
3. Find a shop that sells something you want to eat. I love Ka Mou (pork leg).
4. A dish of Ka Mou is 40 baht. Be sure to hand them the card so they can deduct the amount.
5. A drink (Pepsi) is 10 baht. So that’s 50 baht for a dish + drink.
6. Next I want some chicken & rice. Another 40 baht.
7. Again, another 10 baht for Pepsi, so that’s a total of 100 baht spent on 2 dishes and 2 drinks.